DEADWOOD ……. The Movie ……. Now Showing on HBO

11 Jun

I warned ya ’bout the cussing.

High Ratings.

Adios.

6 Responses to “DEADWOOD ……. The Movie ……. Now Showing on HBO”

1. Marilyn Armstrong June 11, 2019 at 2:43 pm #

Looks like the same cast who were in the series. That was a really well-done show, but it got so violent, I couldn’t watch it anymore. I think it’s the only western that ever got THAT violent.

• jcalberta June 11, 2019 at 10:36 pm #

To me the profanity is a repugnant as some of the other stuff. There’s been more than a couple of Movies I’ve walked out on over the years because of the excessive profanity. I know that some filmmakers think this adds realism – or something? But I gotta tell ya that if it’s not there, that’s fine with me.

2. Cindy Bruchman June 11, 2019 at 3:58 pm #

I heard this was really good. I need to watch it. BTW, did you watch the 8th season of GoT and did you hate it like a lot of other people? I thought it was very good, although rushed.

• jcalberta June 11, 2019 at 10:33 pm #

OH YA .. we wouldn’t miss GOT. Shocker at the end though. Disappointed a lot of fans. And poor Jon Snow really gets the shitty end of the stick after all his heroics – banished out to the Night Watch. Oh well .. at least the Dwarf is still alive. I heard that there are 4 spinoffs in the works. One is already completely Cast.
      What did you think of the whole thing?

• Cindy Bruchman June 13, 2019 at 4:28 pm #

It didn’t bother me at all. Jon had to kill D. Jon did have a wimpy ending. But he kept saying he didn’t want to be king over and over. So, there you go. I remember one of the beginning episodes when he was out there for the first time and fell in love with the red head. I think he’ll be fine out there. The ending matched everyone’s personality.
        I’d be happy to watch Arya spinoff if there is one.

• jcalberta June 14, 2019 at 12:49 am #

Harrington married that red head Wildling gal for real. Hope the spinoffs are good.