John Wayne … Iconic Images Part 1

28 Feb

No denying that John Wayne was one of the most charismatic and photogenic Movie Stars who ever lived. I really do wonder if he wasn’t the MOST charismatic movie Star of all time? There’s a case to be made here if you look at the massive number of Wayne images on the net. Much more than I could ever post here.

Here’s a few gems – without even looking too hard – and I include some interesting cartoons, caricatures, and Wayne portraits.

As you may notice, not every artist seems to be a John Wayne fan. But I guess when you’re a Living Legend – plus his persona, politics, etc. that comes with the territory. I’m sure John himself probably had a good chuckle at some of the images. His shoulders were big enough to handle it.

John Wayne 6

John Wayne 3

John Wayne 4

John Wayne 2

John Wayne 5

John Wayne 7

John Wayne 8

John Wayne 9

John Wayne 10

6 Responses to “John Wayne … Iconic Images Part 1”

1. Marilyn Armstrong February 29, 2016 at 8:39 pm #

Great collection of images. Really. I’ll have to send this one to Garry. He’ll love it 🙂

• Garry Armstrong March 1, 2016 at 10:44 am #

Garry loves it……sure as the turnin’ of the earth.

• Ben March 1, 2016 at 11:54 am #

Seems we remember the Duke as the older tough guy more than his younger days..??

• jcalberta March 9, 2016 at 10:57 am #

Not sure I would have guessed at the stature he achieved by his early work. Some say that John Ford was responsible for making him into a Star. But you can’t create charisma – you either got it or not.

• jcalberta March 9, 2016 at 10:53 am #

Hi Garry … I got a few more fer ya.

• jcalberta March 9, 2016 at 10:52 am #

Hi Marilyn ! No shortage of great images of John. I’ve got a few more to put up.