Henry Hathaway / Director of Westerns / Part 6

Wild Horse Mesa (1932)

Randolph Scott and Sally Blane

colt-45-barA Review … or two

colt-45-bar

colt-45-bar

Zane Grey / possibly on a mountain lion-hunting trip with
Buffalo Jones to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon in 1907.
– Courtesy U.S. National Park Service –

colt-45-bar
colt-45-bar

Henry Hathaway / Director of Westerns / Part 6

9 Responses to “Henry Hathaway / Director of Westerns / Part 6”

1. Marilyn Armstrong April 17, 2017 at 7:37 pm #

We have a channel that has these old westerns, but the quality of the prints is so bad, they are unwatchable. I keep hoping we’ll get a good western channel. Some day!

• jcalberta April 18, 2017 at 10:10 am #

Yeah, the quality of the old movies can be tough to watch. You Tube has quite a few, but they are mainly 360 res. Not good. If there was a good Western channel, I’d subscribe. There was one that used to show mainly the TV Western shows. Those were watchable.

• jcalberta April 18, 2017 at 12:02 pm #

Skulking around … found this:

WESTERN THEATRE:

2. Cindy Bruchman April 28, 2017 at 7:26 am #

Hi, JC! I stumbled up you when I went looking around for information on “Wild Horse Mesa”. Ha!
    The thread began while looking for Douglas Fairbanks, Jr.
    My current writing has me in AZ and one of the characters will get to know Zane Grey and the young Gary Cooper and Douglas Fairbanks, Jr. The common denominator? A Zane western. Wow.
    Appreciate the post as it has helped me today.

• Cindy Bruchman April 28, 2017 at 7:29 am #

You’ve listed the 1936 version. I’m interested in the 1925 silent film….

• Cindy Bruchman April 28, 2017 at 7:30 am #

1932

• jcalberta April 28, 2017 at 9:22 am #

Yeah … I should have mentioned that, but I was just doing Hathaway’s work.

• jcalberta April 28, 2017 at 9:21 am #

Well young Lady I just wisht I’d written that thing. Nice coincidence tho. Boy, you really get me hankering to go back to Arizona again. Rose wants to go back to Sedona at some point, but our dollar isn’t worth a nickel right now. Sounds like your Writing is going well. You seem to have found your ‘Voice’ – which is huge.

• Cindy Bruchman April 28, 2017 at 10:56 am #

If you visit Sedona, again, I’m only fifteen minutes away. Honestly, I recommend the Mogollon Rim and the White Mountains. Straight shot north from Phx. Lots of beauty and character in places like Show Low and Payson. Tonto National Park is amazing. It was Zane Grey’s favorite spot in AZ. There’s a museum dedicated to him in Payson. Food for thought!