Westerns Movie Avalanche … Part 1

26 Mar

i won’t back down / cash

I can’t vouch for the quality … but the passion is high.

Westerns are making a comeback. Big time.

As I periodically do, I was skulking around the Net looking for new Westerns. I got totally bushwhacked! I found over 20 recent Westerns! – and a sizable number “In Production”.

I’ve always said Westerns will never die because pretty well every Actor and Director wants to make a Western at some point in their career. It’s true. We love these damn things. And always will.

Yeee Hawwww !

This avalanche is the usual mix: mostly small productions; some B stuff (though B doesn’t always mean bad); and more than a fistfull that look pretty good. I haven’t seen any of them yet, so I can only preview them for you. You’ll have to be the judge – and jury. I do expect a few hangings and some will definitely end up in Boot Hill. But I still see a fistful that will likely ride into the sunset. We’ll see …

I just like to promote Westerns – of any ilk.
So Let’s Ride!

Pretty impressive.
More to come …

I’ll do a post on each one shortly.

6 Responses to “Westerns Movie Avalanche … Part 1”

1. timesmightidont March 27, 2019 at 12:53 pm #

Thanks for the heads up.

• jcalberta March 27, 2019 at 1:10 pm #

Hope you’re doing OK Don.
      Some good stuff coming out.

2. 'Tracer' Testerman April 12, 2019 at 8:45 am #

I really want to see ‘The Kid’. Good list!

• jcalberta April 12, 2019 at 9:24 am #

HEY TRACER ! Thanks for dropping by. ‘The Kid’ has been out for a short while already. I’m doing a preview on it as we speak. It does look interesting for sure.

• 'Tracer' Testerman April 12, 2019 at 9:26 am #

No kidding, I didn’t realize that. I thought I’d just seen Chris Pratt talking about his role as a villain in it a month or so ago. Awesome, I’ll have to check it out!

• jcalberta April 13, 2019 at 9:18 am #

Tracer: Looks like ‘Limited Distribution’ for the movie. Their Facebook page lists all he locations. We don’t get it up here in Canada at all! I’m guessing this will appear shortly on Netflix (TV) or other such venues. I’m sure we will get access somehow.