Looking for some help …

8 Apr

Hi Folks …

I’ve run into a problem:
Suddenly I can’t upload any images.

I get this:
“File could not be uploaded because errors occurred while uploading.”

I can’t do anything except enter TEXT.

Everything was working fine until yesterday.
I could uploading several images at once up until then. And they all went in pretty quickly.

I’ve sent a HELP request to WordPress, but I don’t know how long it will take to get a reply – or if they will be able to help?

So … if you have any notion what the problem might be? I’d appreciate it.

Thank You.

13 Responses to “Looking for some help …”

1. thoughtsallsorts April 8, 2018 at 10:00 am #

I had the same problem on Friday with 1 of 4 images I was trying to upload. I left that one image and tried again a little later with just one image and it worked fine. I first thought it was a size issue but the image was actually really small. Sorry I can’t help…

• jcalberta April 8, 2018 at 11:22 am #

Yeah .. I’m doing exactly what I’ve been doing all along. Just doesn’t work? I had renewed my WordPress recently. Wonder if they’ve changed my settings or something? Thank you.

• thoughtsallsorts April 8, 2018 at 11:44 am #

Hmmmm…not sure it is from your side…there seem to be so many changes in WordPress recently that I’m sure it is a but somewhere. A few weeks back I couldn’t drag pictures onto that Add Media window – I had to browse for the pictures. Now dragging works again.

• thoughtsallsorts April 10, 2018 at 12:55 pm #

So…some of my images have just vanished from widgets and posts…have you had that too?

• jcalberta April 10, 2018 at 3:22 pm #

Naturally some of the videos and such that I’ve had links to fall down in time. Usually I don’t even know about this till much later – then I try to mend them. Some things have disappeared from my image files. But that could be my fault? Right now everything seems to have returned to normal so I believe it was indeed a WordPress issue. ??

2. Cindy Bruchman April 8, 2018 at 10:22 am #

Whenever I have trouble, I just try a different one. It can be frustrating!

• jcalberta April 8, 2018 at 11:27 am #

This reminds of where my computer starts acting up. Then I try all my virus scans. Defrag. Change settings. This can go on for quite a while and sometimes I really screw things up.
      Then I find out it was the Net Service.

3. Marilyn Armstrong April 8, 2018 at 10:38 am #

I can only tell you that everyone is having problems. The Happiness Engineers are at it again. I think hardly anyone can even find me. I’m not on the reader and I can’t properly CLOSE comments so I keep getting the same comment repeating until I close out of the site then come back in. It’s a MESS right now. You can complain. We can ALL complain. But complaining has never much helped me in the past … so … I don’t know what to say except I share your pain.

• jcalberta April 8, 2018 at 11:24 am #

Thanks Marilyn. I do know that WordPress occasionally ‘improves’ things. Then they don’t seem to work properly for a while. Might have to wait this out.

4. GP Cox April 8, 2018 at 12:33 pm #

Wish I was better at computers than I am, so I’m afraid I’m of no help whatsoever.

• jcalberta April 8, 2018 at 1:29 pm #

Sort of frustrating for me GP because I worked for about a week straight. Now I get a couple of days off and I can’t do much. Guess I’ll do something useful. LoL!

• GP Cox April 8, 2018 at 1:38 pm #

There ya go – try a western! I hear they’re pretty good!! 🙂

• jcalberta April 8, 2018 at 2:16 pm #

HAAA !! ya yor right. i’ve got several hundred i have to catch up on …