Hostiles …

1 Dec

Image result for hostiles 2017 poster

Image result for hostiles posters

Image result for hostiles christian bale

Nobody smiling much in this one …

7 Responses to “Hostiles …”

1. Cindy Bruchman December 1, 2017 at 12:53 pm #

Looks good to me! I love Christian Bale and Rosaland Pike. Thanks for the head’s up!

• jcalberta December 2, 2017 at 12:19 pm #

It does look like quality Western doesn’t it? Definitely going to see it.

2. Marilyn Armstrong December 1, 2017 at 7:13 pm #

If it isn’t too grim … So many of these are go dark. These days, I need at least a chuckle. Life is grim enough!

• jcalberta December 2, 2017 at 12:23 pm #

Bales doesn’t make many comedies does he?
      I do hope this isn’t another movie about how evil us White folks are. Were.

3. Colin December 3, 2017 at 7:33 am #

I’m getting a bit of an Ulzana’s Raid vibe off this one, which isn’t at all a bad thing in my opinion – it looks promising.

4. JP February 4, 2018 at 3:20 pm #

Finally got to see this one yesterday. Incredibly good film. So often in today’s films I find myself trying to figure out why I should like the ending, but no such challenge in this film. I never figured it out until the end, which was a wonderful surprise.

This film (in it’s own way) reminds me of John Ford’s classic “The Searchers” with Christian Bale’s character working through his own inner conflicts much like John Wayne’s character did. Extremely well-written and well-acted. Even though very intense and (at times) very violent, it was a wonderful film and (for me, at least) well worth the wait. Two Thumbs UP

• jcalberta February 4, 2018 at 10:25 pm #

Excellent! Thank you for that.
      I went to the movies tonight and I wanted to see Hostiles – but everybody else was hot to see The Post. Darn. I plan to see it shortly though – even if I have to go alone.