The Revenant … soon

26 Nov

the revenant dicaprio

Latest Trailer / Preview

Filmed in Alberta and Argentina.
(Never film a movie in a location that doesn’t begin and end with an ‘A’.
Like America)

The Revenant banner

Already generating controversy:
It’s long. 2 1/2 hours.
It’s brutal. People left the theatre during a recent screening.
It has another brilliant performance by DiCaprio. Nominated for Best Actor 4 times. Will he win this time?

The Revenant 6

The Revenant ...

The Revenant poster 1

The Revenant poster 2

The Revenant poster 3

The Revenant poster 4

The Revenant poster 5

8 Responses to “The Revenant … soon”

1. Rick November 26, 2015 at 9:37 pm #

I can’t wait to see it.

2. Cindy Bruchman November 27, 2015 at 1:02 pm #

Counting down the minutes! This film is featured on January 13 at the Lucky 13 Film Club. Come round and join the discussion 🙂

3. jcalberta November 27, 2015 at 1:05 pm #

Yeah … looks like a ‘must see’ to me.
    I want to get to your Club Cindy. I just haven’t been able to yet.
    Maybe 13 is my lucky number?

4. Marilyn Armstrong November 27, 2015 at 6:02 pm #

I hope it is as good as it looks! We could use a good western.

• jcalberta November 28, 2015 at 11:27 am #

Amen.
      Seems to be that if someone can’t ‘save the whales’ they don’t know how to tell a story these days.

5. timneath November 29, 2015 at 11:26 am #

can’t wait to see how they have reinvented this old tale, hopefully as minimal on the dialogue as Man of the Wilderness.

• jcalberta November 29, 2015 at 8:57 pm #

Hi Tim. I was just remarking at how little acknowledgment they’ve made toward the fact that this is a re-make. I believe the original film was pretty good in it’s day. Huston didn’t direct it though.

• timneath November 30, 2015 at 11:55 am #

Exactly my point too, its like this is an original, when its clearly not. You still felt Huston’s presence in front of the camera