My Favorite Westerns

A Celebration of Western Movies … Pardner!

Tucson sign

“Bullet holes Sir? Hell no, thems termites.”?

Been trying to get something on the board before I head down to Tucson on Friday. Going down for a week or so. So I’m not sure I’ll be able to put anything on the blog till then. I’ll try.

Tucson Park

Don’t really know much about the Tucson area except that it’s not far from Tombstone – so we’re definitely going to head over there for a day or two.

Earps OK Corral

Tucson is about the same size as Calgary population-wise: a million people. And I’m sure we’ll find plenty to do.

Old Tucson Studios sign

Naturally going to head over the Old Tuscon Studios – where they made a lot of Westerns. That should be a bit of fun. Too bad I don’t drink anymore cuz I’d sure like to slug back a jigger of rotgut at the saloon. Ah well, this old greenhorn dude has probably stared down his last desperado anyway. But cha never know.

Old Tucson Studios

Any ideas? I’m listnin’.

Old Tucson Studios Train

Tim, I think i found yer train.

Tucson rattler

8 thoughts on “Off to Tucson …

1. Have a great time! Fill up on sunshine and avoid rattlesnakes … and cattle rustlers 🙂

1. jcalberta says:

Thank you !
      You know .. as a kid I stomped all over the Alberta Badlands – for years. Never saw a rattlesnake. Coulda been a couple of rustlers out there tho!

2. Rick says:

In Tombstone, go to the Birdcage Theater. Also, ask where you can find Ben Traywick. He’s the town historian. In Tucson, go to the San Xavier del Bac mission.

1. jcalberta says:

Rick ! thank you so very much. That’s great.

1. Rick says:

You’re welcome.

3. fortman9 says:

Downtown and the University of Arizona you will find hip and old buildings. Renovations are currently underway on some buildings. Tucson has been trying to build up downtown for too long.

The north side of town features higher end shopping

Go to the lost barrio.

4th ave. and the area around it has unique shops and restaurants.
    The farther east you go, the more desert pops up. Sabino Canyon is a must.

1. jcalberta says:

Excellent !! Thank you. I’m getting quite a good list.

2. jcalberta says:

Fortman …

Sorry, I completely missed your comment and suggestion somehow.
      Wished I’d seen them because that sounds like good stuff.

Thank you.