16 Jan
GUS AND WOODROW

GUS AND WOODROW / DUVALL AND JONES

“People just ne’er git tired of us …”
_________________________________________________________

Quigley Downunder

WESTERNS DOWNUNDER

Kaboooom ! Aussie Style !

7 Responses to “Coming up on My Favorite Westerns! … Lonesome Dove: Gus and Woodrow through the ages … also Westerns Down Under/Aussie Dusters …”

1. Rick January 16, 2014 at 7:30 pm #

Lonesome Dove and Quigley and two great ones.

• jcalberta January 16, 2014 at 7:36 pm #

Rick! have you ever heard of a movie called the Hellions? It was a Western style movie made in South Africa. Seems the American West wasn’t the only frontier – and everybody loves them Westerns ?? .. I mean Dusters.
      Maybe in Australia they call them Easterns – everything’s upside down Down Under.

• Rick January 16, 2014 at 7:42 pm #

I haven’t heard of it, but I am going to look it up.

2. Marilyn Armstrong January 16, 2014 at 8:00 pm #

I love the way your site is looking. You’ve made changes … or I’m just waking up from a coma 🙂 I haven’t heard of the Hellions either, but I will look for it. They made a bunch of westerns in Israel, too … down in the Negev, but I think the movies were all made by Italian or American film companies. They used to have a whole western town built there for making movies. The terrain is exactly the same (including the cacti which was imported from Mexico back in the 1500s) as the American southwest.

• jcalberta January 16, 2014 at 8:06 pm #

Marilyn / RIck,
      The Hellions was controversial in it’s day (1961) due it’s violence (we’d probably just shrug at it now) but still Rated well. I haven’t seen it in years, and it’s likely VERY hard to get hold of.
      Out of curiosity I would like to see it again myself.

• jcalberta January 16, 2014 at 8:08 pm #

“westerns in Israel” !! ? I didn’t know that. At least they weren’t riding camels.
      Thanks for that.

• Marilyn Armstrong January 16, 2014 at 8:14 pm #

Only Bedouins ride camels in Israel and these days, my bet is they are driving jeeps and smoking camels 🙂