Yuma Territorial Prison State Historical Park and Museum … Part 1

4 Nov

Yuma Territorial Prison
State Historical Park

During our several visits to Yuma and Los Algodones, Mexico (for dental tortures), we had never taken in Yuma’s most famous Attraction: The Yuma Territorial Prison State Park and Museum.  (Usually ‘cuz I’m already speeding northward faster than Butch Cassidy with 10 possees on his trail).

So imagine my surprise to discover that Yuma Territorial Prison isn’t a tacky tourist dive that I supposed it was, but a well persevered and interesting historical venue.

Yuma Territorial Prison State Historical Park 1

Yuma Territorial Prison State Historical Park 4

Yuma Territorial Prison State Historical Park 7_____________________________________________________

Yuma Territorial Prison State Historical Park 6

Coming up: Yuma Territorial Prison State Historical Park: Part 2: Ghosts

8 Responses to “Yuma Territorial Prison State Historical Park and Museum … Part 1”

1. Teepee12 November 4, 2013 at 11:16 am #

Very cool. Bet there are plenty of ghosts hanging around.

2. home January 26, 2014 at 4:24 am #

Hi to every body, it’s my first pay a visit of this webpage; this blog contains amazing and actually
    fine material for visitors.

• jcalberta January 26, 2014 at 11:57 am #

Howdy ! Welcome. We’re doing our best. I have gotten better as I’ve gone along. Sometimes enthusiastically – sometimes discouraging. But still trying. Have a nice visit.

3. myspace comment boxes April 5, 2014 at 10:38 am #

This article will help the internet visitors for setting
    up new blog or even a blog from start to end.

• jcalberta April 5, 2014 at 10:48 pm #

You know what … I’d love to do that. Might give it a try.
      I’m not confident about it though because I tried to learn Web Design in the past – had all the programs. Couldn’t do it.
      I learned a couple of things but really didn’t have whatever that takes. Easy for some people – not for me.
      Right now I’m considering copying all my stuff and going to another Blog service. Obviously the lack of support here at WordPress is a real game changer – When I can’t even find out something as simple as how to remove image frames – that’s pretty damning.

4. power ranger April 26, 2014 at 9:40 pm #

When I initially commented I clicked the “Notify me when new comments are added” checkbox and
    now each time a comment is added I get three emails with the same comment.
    Is there any way you can remove people from that service?
    Many thanks!

• jcalberta April 28, 2014 at 11:14 am #

Interesting … ??? never seen that before.
      I’ll try to figure that out. Hope it isn’t happening to everybody.
      Thank you for your interest … and we had a heck of good time at Yuma and the Prison !