Dead Westerns … ??? Part 2

10 Apr

The Lone Ranger 2013

Some of us long time fans of the Lone Ranger have some reservations about this upcoming movie …

But right now – for what it’s worth – it looks to be the biggest block buster of the coming summer.

Here’s a recent trailer:

Tarantino imitators? Phew … what’s that smell?

As I said, some Westerns go directly to video. Some should probably just go directly to the garbage.

Here’s 2 strange critters soon to be crawling toward your screen:

Gallowwalkers

Wesley Snipes slips from a Daywalker killing vampires in Blade to a Gallowwalker (?) killing zombies in Gallowwalkers.

What the hell is it with zombies these days anyway? Every second show seems to be about zombies. Have they made it to the Simpsons yet?

IMDB (Internet Movie Database) can’t decide if this movie is an Action film, a Fantasy or a Horror movie. But it’s not listed as a Western. Take your pick.

View this trailer at your own risk:

Dead in Tombstone

Dead in Tombstone stars Danny Trejo, as an outlaw who sells his soul to the devil (Mickey Rourke) so that can get revenge on his old gang.

I notice that a recurring theme in all 3 movies is a hero coming back from the dead.
Maybe … in some instance people should just stay dead. ?

8 Responses to “Dead Westerns … ??? Part 2”

1. Teepee12 April 10, 2013 at 7:19 am #

I’m pretty sure that most of them should stay dead. Very dead!!

• jcalberta April 10, 2013 at 9:18 pm #

Like Roger Ebert I finally had to accept that 90 % of everything in the entertainment industry isn’t aimed at me. Or it’s missing it’s target very badly. Somebody obviously thinks that cage fighting is glorious stuff – while I find it vulgar and barbaric. I have 70 TV channels but often wind up watching the weather channel. But at least some weather is supposed to be bad.

2. ROSE KROHMER April 10, 2013 at 8:40 pm #

Hi, Thanks for the info…. Love, Rose

3. MikesFilmTalk April 11, 2013 at 5:28 am #

One word…Why? Do they have to try so hard to kill the resurgence of a loved genre? Okay, more than one word!

• jcalberta April 11, 2013 at 7:11 am #

Thanks amigo !
      ‘Scuze my ranting.

• MikesFilmTalk April 11, 2013 at 7:18 am #

No worries mate, I think I know how ya feel!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks