Peck … Iconic Images

29 Mar

Gregory Peck
gegory peck 7 gegory peck 4

“I’m not a do-gooder. It embarrassed me to be classified as a humanitarian. I simply take part in activities that I believe in.”

7 Responses to “Peck … Iconic Images”

1. MikesFilmTalk March 29, 2013 at 3:56 am #

Gregory Peck = Class and ground breaking. The first “A-lister” star to appear in a horror film and probably (imho) the man who invented the modern term of gravitas. Good one mate!

• jcalberta March 29, 2013 at 6:54 am #

Thanks Mike. I think some folks were a bit shocked at some of the roles he took. I was. We got sort of attached to his classy image. But he liked to do some different stuff on occasion. He was a hell of man though. Much admired by many. With some folks it just shines through. Not many like that around these days.

• MikesFilmTalk March 29, 2013 at 10:26 am #

That’s for sure! He was one of a kind!!:-)

2. Teepee12 March 29, 2013 at 4:43 pm #

Nice!!

3. Teepee12 April 2, 2013 at 8:12 pm #

The very definition of a do-gooder … and a humble one at that.

• jcalberta April 2, 2013 at 9:28 pm #

Yes indeed … thank you.
      I’m really stuck on doing Peck’s bio. I fear I can’t do him justice. I know these people aren’t Gods, but I think some – like Peck – really deserve their due. Thet meant a lot to us and held themselves up as great examples of what a person ought to be.
      Maybe I’ll just post his awards and honors – like I did for Kirk Douglas – and let those speak for themselves.
      Otherwise I better move along.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks