A situation has arisen concerning Google that is very negatively impacting many Blogs and Websites. This regards Google’s new image handling format.
Many sites are recording dire drops in viewership – and loss of their image property.
Hail Google! So much for freedom
We are asking you – our viewers – to help us maintain our sites and freedom by writing Google at this address to express your concerns and urge them to reverse this.
Contact Google: http://www.google.com/intl/en/contact/
also: Google Watchdog: http://insidegoogle.com/takeaction/file-a-complaint/ has an easy setup to file a complaint.
The existence of many sites and blogs is in jeopardy.
Here is a few quotes from Web owners and Bloggers: http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/webmasters/x8CnRPITLg8 :
- “Really It’s a horrible change for publishers who depend entirely on Google image search …”
- “As a webmaster I think it is a horrible thing. My traffic dropped and all images are now HOTLINKED! So google got my images and I got no traffic in return. In google’s blog post they said test show click trough rate to host sites were increasing, but this is bullshit. I got hit hard from 40.000 to 20.000 visitors daily. Now my question is: is it still worth letting google indexing your images? I mean big G is only stealing your bandwidth?”
- “I Have a website and sell a lot of products on Trademe.co.nz. I think the new google images is horrendous. It seems to slow my computer down, it can’t make it’s mind up if it wants to show you the picture or not, you have to click numerous times to get rid of the image, you have to hover over the picture for ages to get an idea if the size and there aren’t as many images as there used to be.”
- “I use it many times every day and am absolutely FED UP with it already.
I wish there was an alternative. I thought this was supposed to be an improvement.
It is UTTER CRAP !!”
- “Google’s entire search apparatus makes it now impossible to log hits to pages with referrer details, so you won’t know any more how a visitor came to the page: from a search (web or image) or directly. No referrer is provided from all logged in visitors which now account for a very, very large percentage of Google users.”
- “So now they are STEALING all images by letting people lift and copy images without even going to the author’s site!!!! Full size images, too!!! This is unethical and totally breaks copyright law. So now those of us who actually create these images – cartoonists, artists, designers, photogs – will not only lose traffic, we’ll lose our only work – OUR OWN CARTOONS!!!!“
- “Before I used code to break the frames, so at least Google could only steal the images for a few seconds. Now they totally are scum. I am beyond disgusted and am going to disallow all images immediately.”
Please do it now.